Thursday, February 13, 2014

[Review&Demo] L'Oreal Lash Out Butterfly Mascara

This is another iPhone quality post so I hope you don't mind. iPhone quality actually isn't that horrible. Anyway today's post is dedicated to my new favorite mascara. I recently got the Lash Out Butterfly Mascara from L'Oreal and I'm absolutely in love with it!

The Claims:
Length & Volume for every eyelash
Clump, flake, & smudge free
Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers

Length & Volume for every eyelash?
L'Oreal claims that this mascara will lengthen every lash with its unique wand, and

it does just that. My lashes look very long, defined and volumized when I wear this mascara. However, it gives more length than volume.

Clump, flake and smudge free?
This mascara does smudge by the end of the school day for me, even though I have the water proof version. But that is a good 8+ hour wear time, and that's impressive for me since almost everything smudges on me. I also don't notice excessive amounts of flaking through out the day. Sometimes I'll find one or two, but the mascara usually doesn't flake. As for clumping, it can get a little clumpy by the third coat. It's not extremely clumpy, just spidery.

Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers?
I used to be afraid of mascaras with fibers, so I never picked up one that had it. I actually didn't notice that it had fibers until doing this blog post. This explains why my lashes looked so long. As a contact wearer, it does not bother my eyes. 

I love this mascara because it can give a natural look if applied lightly and an extremely dramatic look if two coats are applied. I'm not a fan for spidery lashes, but if you are, this mascara could do that too with three coats.

No mascara. no lashes whatsoever ): Also please excuse the fact I'm not wearing any makeup in the following pictures. 
One coat. I didn't apply a lot for the first coat to show you can get a natural look with this mascara. You can definitely get more volume and length with a first coat than shown above.
Second coat. As stated earlier I applied a very light first coat, so you can get a little more volume and length than shown above.  

Comparison. Left two coats. Right none. As you can see the mascara makes a huge difference.
Three coats. The lashes begin to look a bit spidery for my liking but nonetheless its still really pretty for a dramatic look.
Comparison. Left three coats. Right none. You get a tad bit more length and volume. In the previous picture my lashes barely went past my crease, but in this picture it clearly goes past it. 
So overall this mascara has an A from me (:

Until next time,
Rachiee 

No comments:

Post a Comment