Friday, July 27, 2018

NEW! Wet n Wild Mythicool Creatures Review + Swatches | Wet n Wild Fire Dragon vs Ice Dragon Collection


I usually film Youtube videos, but today I thought I would try my hand at blogging since I only got one product from this collection. I was so excited when I saw this collection from Wet n Wild since it was a theme we haven't seen before. I found the display at my local Harmon Face Values store for $3.03. I am supposed to be on a low buy so I only picked up one product from this collection, the eyeshadow quad in Mythicool Creatures. I picked this one because I thought the purple shade looked unique and could possible be a duochrome.

 

The matte transition shade blended out beautifully. It had a little bit of kick up, but it was nothing too extreme and reminded me of Anastasia Beverly Hills matte shadows. The dark blue crease shade also applied nicely. It is a shimmery dark blue base with some blue micro glitters. I was quite happy that it retained its blue color when blended in the crease. The brow bone shade is your standard satin bone color. The shimmer formula for the blue and white were Wet n Wild's standard creamy and pigmented formula.

However I was let down by the purple shimmer shade. It is a lavender with the slightest light blue duo chrome shift and some light blue micro glitters. The shade itself is gorgeous, but the formula was not up to par with Wet n Wild's shimmers. It was dry feeling and I had to scratch off the top layer in order to get color. I really had to dig my brush in there in order to get color payoff, which surprised me since Wet n Wild shimmers are usually soft and buttery. It also felt like it was getting a hard pan when I swatched it with my finger. I had to wet my brush and apply a glitter glue in order to get full color intensity.


Finger swatches (no primer) left to right : transition, brow bone, crease, eyelid. 
I went over the eyelid shade 3 times in order to get it to show up.



Overall I think this products is okay. 3/4 shadows perform well, but it is disappointing the the outstanding shade is a flop. Since the palette was so cheap, I think it is worth it if you do not have a shade similar to the lavender one and you would like an easily accessible option. I do not think the shade is incredibly unique and you can most likely find a similar shade from other brands like Colourpop, Makeup Geek, Urban Decay and indie brands.



Until next time,
Rachiee

Don't forget to check out my Youtube Channel! https://bit.ly/2H7esUw















No comments:

Post a Comment