Thursday, July 18, 2013

Review and Swatch: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

Yesterday I was finally reunited with my long lost love, the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. In my last blog post about great products for oily skin, I mentioned this product near the end of the post but added that I didn't currently have it. As the summer progressed and the weather got hotter, I began to miss this trusty powder so I finally repurchased it. Since I haven't posted in a while I decided why not dedicate a whole blog post to my favorite powder.



The powder was around six dollars and change at my local drugstore, not pricey at all. The packaging is kinda cool because the mirror and puff swivel out.

The powder has a really nice smooth texture.

I have mine in the shade medium 3-4: honey. This is the darkest shade I have seen, but honestly this powder doesn't provide any coverage whatsoever (look at my swatches below) so to me the shade is irrelevant. I've used this powder when I was incredibly tan and it didn't leave any color or ashiness. It works for me year round. I love using this powder as a blotting powder because it doesn't look cakey. 


Blended out, practically invisible.
Heavy Swatch
While reading the back of the powder in order to write this blog post, because in all honesty I've never really read the back, it says it's oil free which is great for girls with oily skin because it won't make your skin any more oily. This powder controls my oil really well, I only need to touch up two to three a day when I use it, and I have really oily skin. Also this product hasn't broken me out, unlike the Rimmel Stay Matte. I have no desire to try a high end powder because this powder works so well.

 Do you have any favorite oil control powders?

Until next time,
Rachiee

No comments:

Post a Comment