Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Essentials for Oily Skin

I feel like having oily skin is the hardest skin type to have, especially in the summer. Us oily skin girls have our faces look like a crazy oil slick in the summertime. Thankfully, this year I have found holy grail combination of products for my super oily skin and I wanted to share them with you.

 Before we can even get into the makeup, we need to talk about skincare. Your skincare routine is very important and effects the longevity of your makeup. Olay's Oil Minimizing Toner and T.N.Dickinson's Witch Hazel are great toners for oily skin that are less that $10 at your local drugstore. I switch off between both and it really helps me with oil control. I usually use it to cleanse my skin before I apply makeup as well at night as a toner after washing my face.



A great moisturizer for oily skin is Philosophy's Take A Deep Breath moisturizer. It's oil free, which is great for oily skin, and it is super lightweight. It'll give your skin just enough hydration, but won't make you greasy. It comes with and without SPF, but for the summer I like using the SPF version for obvious reasons.

Hey look you can see me taking the picture! Anyway, I have tried a handful of primers, both high end and drugstore. So far, this has been my favorite. It is oil free, mattifying, oil-controlling and silicone free! It also minimizes pore size. 

I have tried a two high end foundations which are supposed to be great at oil-control (MUFE MatVelvet and Tarte Amazonian Clay) as well as drugstore foundations (Revlon ColorStay and Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse) but they don't compare to this foundation. Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous is my holy grail foundation, it blends really easily and is really long-lasting. It doesn't slide off your face in the heat, and it even has a pump, which is always a pump.

My new secret weapon this summer is Urban Decay's De-Slick setting spray. I never used to believe in setting sprays, after the All-Nighter spray from Urban Decay had no affect on my skin. The De-Slick is a whole different story. It keeps my face makeup on all day, with only one or two touch-ups a day. I use it after primer and then after I finish all my face makeup.

These things are lifesavers. Continuously applying powder can look cakey, so using oil blotting sheets is much better. The Clean&Clear oil absorbing sheets are the best ones out there, the knock-offs are nothing compared to it.

I also wanted to give a quick mention to some powders, but I don't have either with me right now so this little paragraph is pictureless. The Rimmel Stay Matte and Maybelline Dream Matte are great powders for oily skin. I'm currently using the Physician's Formula Mineral Powder, and I miss my Maybelline Stay Matte sooooooo much, but I need to finish up this powder before I repurchase it )':

What are your favorite oil-control products?

Until next time,
Rachiee

No comments:

Post a Comment